Kindergarten at Journey is Magical!!!
Journey’s kindergarten program lays an educational foundation where the fundamentals of reading, writing, and math are emphasized in a small and intimate class setting. Children learn through small and whole group instruction, as well as self-directed center activities.
ENROLL NOW - ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT!
Our private school in Las Vegas provides a place where children build confidence in themselves, and their abilities as learners. Our Kingergarten curriculum also fosters cognitive, social, emotional, creative and physical development, and we place big emphasis on teaching the fundamentals of reading, writing nd math. Students will participate in activities that stimulate individual curiosity, and social interaction through sharing, peer relations and lessons in respect.
Kids love it here!
- We teach reading, math, science, social studies, arts,
physical education, and more
- Develope cultural awareness and nurture a passion for learning
- Small class sizes where we pay attention to the individual child
- STEAM-based educational activities
We are centrally located on Rainbow Blvd./W. Sahara Ave.
- Journey’s kindergarten reading instruction creates strong readers. Instruction focuses on the 6 components of reading: phonemic awareness, phonetic instruction, decoding, sight word recognition, print concept, and spelling.
- Literatures is taught in weekly story studies where students work together to recognize the components of a story including character, setting, problem solving, cause and effect, and inferring.
- Students are introduced to beginning grammar and learn to recognize concepts such as proper nouns, verbs, and adjectives in their reading.
- The foundation of writing begins with learning to put simple independent ideas on the paper.
- Proper letter formation and handwriting skills are taught and practiced.
- Writing lessons promote differentiated instruction by allowing students to work at their own pace.
- Students develop a strong math foundation in addition and subtraction. Strategies are taught as they work to solve real-life math problems.
- Number sense and recognition is emphasized, such as number order, one-to-one comparison, and place value.
- Foundational concepts such as money, time, place value, odd and even numbers, story problems, and fractional parts are introduced and practiced.
Social Studies and Science
- Students focus on the world around them in two-week units from dentist and dinosaurs to weather and water.
- Students experience each unit through background knowledge, vocabulary development, stories, videos, and reading. Each unit ends with a memorable hands-on activity or experiments that brings excitement and life to the subject.