HAPPINESS AND GRATITUDE: A PERFECT PAIR
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” ~ Melody Beattie
As we roll headlong into the holiday season, I’m thankful that Thanksgiving comes first. It is a regular occurrence to be asked “what are you grateful for”.
Think about that for a moment.
What are you grateful for?
Considering what you are grateful for increases your happiness level.
When I have a grateful heart, I am more mindful of the many blessings in my life, big and small.
When I have a grateful heart, any lack in my life diminishes.
When I have a grateful heart, I am in more of a space to feel real love for those around me.
When I have a grateful heart, I am happier!
Our students and staff shared what they are grateful for. Here are a few of their responses:
- I am grateful for my mom because she gives me food, water, and shelter. – Nicholas, 5th grade
- I am grateful for my family because my mom and dad work hard so I can go to Dave and Busters. – Ace, Kindergarten
- I am grateful for modern conveniences because life without heating, a/c, transportation, medicine, running water, sewer, etc would be incredibly difficult and uncomfortable. Prayers for all of those living without. – Mrs. Swallie, Teacher
- I am grateful for the Springs Preserve because it gives me an opportunity to learn when I’m not at school – Sara, 3rd grade
- I am grateful for gymnastics because it helps me to learn very cool, but scary tricks. – Ethan, 2nd grade
- I am grateful for my family because they hug me a lot of time. – Chelsea, 1st grade
- I am grateful for my parents because they are the best thing that has ever happened to me. – Anastasia, 6th grade
I am grateful for Journey Education because this school has given me a new outlook on life. It’s not only a job, but friends that have helped me, and my sons are at their best. This school has improved every aspect of my life – Mr. Bryant Teacher